Tom's work in the theatre has been extensively reviewed and profiled by media outlets large and small, across Canada, the United States, and Europe, for much of the past several decades. Below, a selection of quotes and clippings.
Press & Reviews
About Tom's Artistic Leadership
"Bentley-Fisher has created a genuine Canuck Renaissance."
- Edmonton Journal
"One of the most dramatic comebacks of any theatre in Canada."
- Toronto Globe and Mail
"25th Street Theatre must be credited with leading a modest renaissance of theatre in Saskatoon."
- Alberta Report
"International standards of acting and technical expertise."
- Maclean's Magazine
"One of Canada's theatrical treasures."
- Saskatchewan Television Network
"Superb entertainment...pure magic."
- Canadian Broadcasting Company
"25th Street Theatre is alive and well."
- The Star Phoenix
"Attracting national attention."
- Southham News
"25th Street Theatre's alumni reads like a who's who of bright Canadian theatre."
- Maclean's Magazine
About Tom's Productions - European Press
"Brilliant interpretive versatility."
- Time Out, Barcelona
- El Periodico
"More than remarkable..."
- Avui, Catalan National Newspaper
"Fascinating, ambitious...There is emotion. There is power. There is quality."
- Dietari de Santi Fontdevila
"Original and bold. Its creator deserves the praise of those who don't settle for safety."
- Europa Press
"A multilingual production...tackles an extremely dangerous moment in history with a positive common voice."
About Tom's Productions - Canadian Press
"...A perfect play for a director who likes to tell stories in sometimes radical ways."
- Cam Fuller, Star Phoenix, of Buffalos
- Globe and Mail, of The Great War
"A searing display of misery...the painful savagery of family arguments."
- Globe and Mail, of Play Memory
"[An] amazing evening of theatre...inspired. Tom Bentley-Fisher showed great nerve."
- Star Phoenix, of The Harrowing
"A must-see - a first-rate production - shines light on the dark side."
- Star Phoenix, of Fun and Nobody
"Passionately directed by Tom Bentley-Fisher."
- Maclean's Magazine, of Melody Farm
"Intelligent and witty."
- Mirror, of The Oldest Profession
"Utterly gripping...a winner."
- CFMC Radio, of Play Memory
"...crackling with energy and ringing with truth - a treasure ."
- Cam Fuller, Star Phoenix, of Serpent in the Sky
About Tom's Productions - U.S. Press
"A sharp, cleverly staged production...infuses Shakespeare with a sensibility as hip and dark as any play by Neil LaBute."
- San Francisco Bay Guardian, of Taming of the Shrew
"A powerful and very effective production...Truth to tell, it's almost certainly unlike any version that's ever been staged before - in no way is this your father's Shrew."
- Berkeley Daily Planet, of Taming of the Shrew
"The intensity of these actors' performances is a testimony to a director who has gotten the work he wanted out of his cast."
- San Francisco Bay Times, of Chekhov Squared
"Deserving of kudos is director Tom Bentley...Lively and compelling, you won't see a company more committed to their work."
- The Rational Feast, of The Maids
"A brilliant production of The Maids."
- Zzyzzyva - Howard Junker, Editor, of The Maids